The Garden Party not only promotes community camaraderie, but also generates major funding for the upkeep and maintenance of our treasured Duck Pond and Park. In fact, the largest contribution for the maintenance of the Park comes from funds generated through the silent auction. This is where we need your help! The silent auction is comprised entirely of generous neighbor and merchant donations and provides an opportunity for donors to showcase their businesses and products, as well as support our community. What better way to ensure the beauty of our “neighborhood gem” than by attending and contributing to the Garden Party silent auction.
Donations by neighbors in the past have been some of our best-selling items and we want to ensure another great selection this year! Below are just a few ideas – we welcome any suggestions you may have!
- Trips – Would you consider donating your vacation home or other travel related item?
- Host a gathering at your home – How about showing off your cooking or mixology skills or your wonderful garden as a setting for a dinner or cocktail evening?
- Dinners – Consider purchasing a gift certificate to your favorite restaurant so it can become a neighborhood favorite.
- Tickets – Do you have sporting event, symphony, ballet, theater or concert tickets you will not use?
- Personal services – Consider donating your “specialty” – flower arranging, artwork, photography, cooking, pet sitting, dog walking, baby sitting, interior design, computer skills.
- Memberships – Consider purchasing a membership you think someone else would enjoy such as the Botanical Gardens, Center for Puppetry Arts, High Museum.
Sign-Up Parties: These are a great way of socializing with neighbors and attract those who prefer to pay a fixed price and guarantee they will walk away with what they want!
Wine Auction: The wine auction is a very popular part of the Garden Party. You can support the wine auction by selecting a bottle of wine, valued $30.00 or more, or by making a check payable to Ladies of the Lake Foundation for the same amount. Checks are just as important as wine because money collected is used to fill in each case, which increases the case value and its attractiveness to potential buyers. Please deliver your check or wine bottle to Kristen Brashier, Wine Auction Chair, 2603 Winslow Drive.
We hope you will consider making a donation. Donation forms can downloaded at the bottom of the page. We’d like to have all donations by April 19th if possible.
Your support will help promote horticultural practices, urban beauty and the conservation of our historic natural resource. All donations are tax-deductible under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Thank you for taking the time to consider this request.
For more information about the 2015 Garden Party Silent Auction or to donate an item, please contact:
Kyle Ball Jill McKenzie
Wine Auction Chair