LADIES OF THE LAKE FOUNDATION
The Ladies of the Lake Foundation (LOLF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation governed by a board of trustees drawn from the Ladies of the Lake Garden Club membership within the Peachtree Heights East neighborhood of Atlanta, Georgia. The Foundation’s mission is to protect, nurture, and nourish the uniqueness of our in-town area while preserving the beauty and quality of our natural resources so that all may enjoy a positive quality of life both now and in perpetuity.
What We Support
Grants are available from LOLF to support efforts to strengthen in- town neighborhoods and enhance local residential areas. We operate exclusively for charitable purposes and, include in such purposes, the maintenance of the Duck Pond and related park and recreation areas in the Peachtree Heights East Neighborhood. LOLF is also organized to make distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the US IRS Revenue Code.
LOLF has established the following priorities for its giving:
- Empowering and strengthening the community through creation and maintenance of passive use green space and parks, including but not limited to, infrastructure maintenance, bench seating, tree plantings, flower and vegetable garden areas, etc.
- Enhanced street-scaping.
- Environmental education and programming that is neighborhood based.
Successful applicants must demonstrate the following:
- Evidence of exemption under section 501(3) of the US IRS Revenue Code
- A sound financial position supported by two years of financial statements and annual IRS form 990 filings
- Completed reports on file with LOLF for any previous grants awarded
- A plan for enlisting resources needed such as volunteers or city services
- A plan for maintaining completed projects through community-driven efforts
Who Is NOT Eligible To Apply?
Individuals; for-profit businesses; public institutions
Terms and Conditions
Grants are awarded by the LOLF, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Grants may be used only for the project identified and described in the grantee’s proposal and related correspondence, and may not be expended for any other purposes without LOLF’s prior written approval.
- The grantee accepts responsibility for complying with the LOLF’s terms and conditions and will exercise full control over the grant and the expenditure of grant funds.
- LOLF may request that Grantee return any unexpended grant funds remaining at the end of the project period.
- Grantee will provide LOLF with a final report at the end of the approved project along with an audited financial statement at the end of the fiscal year in which the project is completed.
- Grantee will promptly provide such additional information, reports and documents as LOLF may request.
- Grantee will not include LOLF on any list of contributors, signage, press releases, flyers or other communications related to the project without the prior written consent of LOLF.
- LOLF reserves the right to discontinue, modify or withhold any payments to be made under a grant award or to require a total or partial refund of any grant funds, if in LOLF’s sole discretion, it feels such action is necessary: (1) because grantee has not fully complied with the terms and conditions of the grant; (2) to protect the purpose and objectives of the grant or any other charitable activities of LOLF, or (3) to comply with any law or regulation applicable to the grantee, to LOLF, or to the grant.
- Grantee’s deposit, negotiation or endorsement of the grant check will constitute its agreement to the terms and conditions set forth above.