Thursday, March 22nd
Creating Center Pieces with Steve McKenzie
at the home of Carol Ellender
58 Lakeview Drive
Please click here to RSVP (confirmations only)
In keeping with our theme, Jill Helmer brought trays of tiny, delicious sandwiches. So pretty! Our speaker, Dori Whitworth of the LifeGate Group, shared her suggestions for managing some “sandwich” situations, common challenges that many families face.
Last weekend- the Camellia Show. I dropped in and just missed the Governor! A garden at the Governor’s mansion features camellias named after three First Ladies of Georgia; Sandra Deal, Rosalyn Carter and Betty Sanders. Who will be next?
Our presenter, Terry Furuta, gave us tips on how to choose the freshest bouquets at the grocery store. Then, everyone had a chance to make an arrangement. As you see, they were quite stunning and a great antidote for the icy weather. The warm soup and stew provided by Shellie Christman did wonders as well.
Terry has a shop at 2970 Peachtree Road and a lovely website,
terryfurutadesigns.com, where she sells her work and floral accessories.
Thanks to Barbara Rogers for having us!
2017 Holiday Party
We weren’t exactly lucky with the weather, but we made out like bandits in the food, drink and merriment department.
A heartfelt thanks to all who slogged through the storm to get there and to those who pitched in BIG TIME to make it all happen.
Susan Burch Memorial Pot Luck Dinner
It was a very chilly afternoon indeed but at 5 o’clock the sun came out, the music started, neighbors arrived with warm food and a little later the pumpkins bobbed out on the dark water. It always looks glamorous in a cozy kind of way.
Many thanks to Rebecca Galla-Jones (chair), her daughter Fiona, the valiant set-up and clean-up crews, the Euarts for bringing FIRE and everyone who showed up despite the wind chill. There’s something about a tiny bit of suffering that makes an event truly memorable.
Neighbors, please show your appreciation to these sponsors for their generous support of the 2017 Garden Party!
Duck Pond Hawk
- Peachtree BattleShopping Center
- Peachtree Hills Place, an Isakson Living Community
- Wilson Lewis Certified Public Accountants
- A Plaza Towers Friend of the Park
- Atlanta InTown
- Billy Williamson, Personal Chef
- Davey Construction,LLC
- Frank G. Neely Design,Inc.
- The Lowe Baumann Group with Beacham & Co. Realtors
- Peachtree Hills Animal Hospital
- Plaza Towers
- Reed and Cathy Keller
- Mercedes Benz of Buckhead
- Health Insurance Advisors
- Patrick and Cindy Battey
- Carol Young and Harry Norman Realtors
- 2500 Peachtree Condo Association
- Kim Bondurant with REMAX Around Atlanta
- Sara Ohmer, Harry Norman Realtors
- Christ the King School
- Marcia and John Donnell
- Tower Beer, Wine & Spirits
- Massage Envy Buckhead Crossing and Buckhead Loop
- Revival Construction Inc.
- Right Hemisphere Design
- Steve McKenzie’s
- Amanda and Greg Gregory
- Betts Love
- Nancy and Anthony Nievera
- Alice and Ted Taylor
- Kyle and Chuck Ball
- Suzanne Laurita
- Carol Rice
- Vivian and Peter deKok
- Cathedral of Christ the King
- Mary and Eric Busko