Thursday February 15th
237 Peachtree Way
at the home of Heather Grimsley
Surviving the Sandwich Generation
Please click here to RSVP (confirmations only)
Dori Whitworth will be there to share her thoughts and expertise on managing the “sandwich” i.e. Mom and Dad, or Mom, Step-Dad, Dad and Step-Mom suddenly need assisted living (but not the same one)…and Junior…he’s back in the basement…and where’s your sister? moved to Thailand! We’ve all experienced it, or will someday. Get a handle!
And what a treat to return to the gorgeous Peachtree Hills Place model home (thanks to Charlotte Margolin). It’s right across from the Treehouse.
Also want to mention the Camellia Show at the Atlanta Botanical Garden, coming up February 17 from 1pm to 5pm and February 18 from 10am to 5pm. Ladies of the Lake member Lisa Lubar clued us in to this (her company is a sponsor).
Our presenter, Terry Furuta, gave us tips on how to choose the freshest bouquets at the grocery store. Then, everyone had a chance to make an arrangement. As you see, they were quite stunning and a great antidote for the icy weather. The warm soup and stew provided by Shellie Christman did wonders as well.
Terry has a shop at 2970 Peachtree Road and a lovely website,
terryfurutadesigns.com, where she sells her work and floral accessories.
Thanks to Barbara Rogers for having us!
2017 Holiday Party
We weren’t exactly lucky with the weather, but we made out like bandits in the food, drink and merriment department.
A heartfelt thanks to all who slogged through the storm to get there and to those who pitched in BIG TIME to make it all happen.
Susan Burch Memorial Pot Luck Dinner
It was a very chilly afternoon indeed but at 5 o’clock the sun came out, the music started, neighbors arrived with warm food and a little later the pumpkins bobbed out on the dark water. It always looks glamorous in a cozy kind of way.
Many thanks to Rebecca Galla-Jones (chair), her daughter Fiona, the valiant set-up and clean-up crews, the Euarts for bringing FIRE and everyone who showed up despite the wind chill. There’s something about a tiny bit of suffering that makes an event truly memorable.
Neighbors, please show your appreciation to these sponsors for their generous support of the 2017 Garden Party!
Duck Pond Hawk
- Peachtree BattleShopping Center
- Peachtree Hills Place, an Isakson Living Community
- Wilson Lewis Certified Public Accountants
- A Plaza Towers Friend of the Park
- Atlanta InTown
- Billy Williamson, Personal Chef
- Davey Construction,LLC
- Frank G. Neely Design,Inc.
- The Lowe Baumann Group with Beacham & Co. Realtors
- Peachtree Hills Animal Hospital
- Plaza Towers
- Reed and Cathy Keller
- Mercedes Benz of Buckhead
- Health Insurance Advisors
- Patrick and Cindy Battey
- Carol Young and Harry Norman Realtors
- 2500 Peachtree Condo Association
- Kim Bondurant with REMAX Around Atlanta
- Sara Ohmer, Harry Norman Realtors
- Christ the King School
- Marcia and John Donnell
- Tower Beer, Wine & Spirits
- Massage Envy Buckhead Crossing and Buckhead Loop
- Revival Construction Inc.
- Right Hemisphere Design
- Steve McKenzie’s
- Amanda and Greg Gregory
- Betts Love
- Nancy and Anthony Nievera
- Alice and Ted Taylor
- Kyle and Chuck Ball
- Suzanne Laurita
- Carol Rice
- Vivian and Peter deKok
- Cathedral of Christ the King
- Mary and Eric Busko